My reasoning begins with the following facts about the aging process.
The human body ages through 2 physical processes, intrinsic aging and extrinsic aging
Intrinsic aging, the natural aging process is characterized by 3 features: decreased collagen production, degeneration in the elastic fiber network and loss of hydration (hyaluronic acid). Dry, intrinsically aged skin appearance is thin, atrophic and finely wrinkled.
Extrinsic aging referred to as photoaging is due to environmental factors. Ultraviolet (UV) exposure is the principal cause of extrinsic aging. In contrast to intrinsic aging, the characteristic element of photoaging is a substantial buildup of elastotic material in the
upper and middle dermis. The process is called solar elastosis.
Your skin should be protected from free radical damage as much as possible with SPF 30 sun protection to block UVA/UVB ultraviolet rays. Because it’s not possible or healthy to block all ultraviolet UV rays, free radicals are produced.
Free Radicals Damage
Free radicals produce Matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs), a collection of enzymes that degrades and disrupts the extracellular matrix.
Extracellular matrix (ECM)
The extracellular is very important because it regulates cells’ dynamic behavior. The extracellular matrix is essential for processes like growth and wound healing. Collagen Fibers, Elastin, Hyaluronic acid, Glycosaminoglycans (GAGs ) are located in the extracellular matrix (ECM).
An appropriate anti-aging strategy would be to protect and prevent damage to the extracellular matrix (ECM), reduce and neutralize free radicals, inhibit synthesis collagenase and elastase (MMPs) and promote collagen production and reduce UV induced inflammation.
The Rhonda Allison Antioxidant Complex is your long term investment with immediate temporary returns. The blending of 10 key antioxidant ingredients provides protection for the skin’s extracellular matrix, with additional hydration benefits. It also provides an instant firming and toning feeling. With continuous usage, the skin becomes healthier and stronger.
Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein
- Antioxidant - a good source of vitamin E
- MMPI (Matrix Metallpoprotease Inhibitor) - inhibits skin matrix breakdown.
- Hydrates the skin by stimulating the production of hyaluronic acid
Camelia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract
- Anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and analgesic
Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide
- Potent water binder and intensively hydrates your skin
- Creates a barrier to prevent water loss
- Plumps and improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
Peumus Boldus Leaf Extract
- Anti-inflammatory, antioxidant
Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract
- Affects skin dermal and epidermal
- Has been shown to have wound-healing properties
- Increases Elastin and collagen production
Glutathione (L) Glutathione
- Protects the skin fibroblast
- Works to clear the body of free radicals
- An enzyme that overpowers the damaging reactions of superoxide, and protect the cell from superoxide (the most common free radical in the body
- Helps with wound healing and softens scar tissue
Phenyl t-Butynitrone (Spin Trap)
- Anti-inflammatory agent
- Stabilizes or trap free radicals, and so reduce their effect on other molecules.
Deuterium Oxide (Heavy Water)
- A heavy form of water taken from seawater, it stays in the skin tissue for longer periods of time.