How To Protect Yourself Against Cosmetics Microbial Contamination
* Don’t share cosmetics, with anyone. You may be sharing germs.
* Don’t add water or saliva to cosmetics, such as mascara. You may be adding bacteria or other microorganisms. You’ll also be watering down a preservative that’s intended to keep bacteria from growing.
* Store cosmetics carefully. If cosmetics get too warm, some microorganisms may grow faster and preservatives may break down.
* Keep containers clean.
* Wash your hands before applying cosmetics, especially if you need to dip your fingers into the container.
* Pay attention to recalls and safety alerts. Microbial contamination is a common reason for recalls of cosmetics.